recently many people have been coming up to me and saying “i see your posting more about charcot marie tooth on Facebook. why now?”
i have a few answers to that question–
- i have been going through my own health issues for the past 3 years and i feel as if i have awoken from a fog.
- i always have posted things on Facebook about charcot marie tooth but i decided that since september was cmt awareness month i would post something everyday and i have never stopped since then
- i have found something i am very passionate about (mid life crisis sort of thing i guess lol)
- i want to teach my children that hard work, persistence and tenacity really does make a difference
- I’m trying my hand at this social media stuff and I’m finding that i enjoy it
- and most importantly i want to raise much needed awareness and funds for a terrible disease that has affected my son.
- and, why not now???
as a stay at home mom for the past 19 some odd years, my kids are getting older and i find myself with a lot of time on my hands. i know this the fork in the road of life that many moms face at some point. my time at that “road” has arrived. i have worked many part time jobs as my children were growing up. i have tried many “hobbies” also. what i realized was that nothing was keeping my interest and i was getting bored very easily. i have always wanted to LOVE what i do. i didn’t want to get another part time office job that i would get bored with.
having gone through open heart surgery and breast cancer for the past 3 years has changed me in indescribable ways. i have become less patient with the (excuse my language) bull#$&@ in life. i don’t know if that is such a good thing lol!! i really have realized that one must live life everyday to the fullest because life can change on a dime. but the thing that has really, really stuck with me is that life goes very fast. you wake up one day and your children are graduating high school and college and all you have left is YOU. yes family and friends are there but YOU are the only one that must find ways to make your days count. you are the only one that can control which road you take.
a wise woman named robin roberts (yes good morning america, robin roberts!) always says “make your mess your message”. that is what i have decided to do. take everything that i have been through the last couple of years and help people. it has taken me 50something years to realize this. i know i have so much more to learn and experience as i get older but i am so excited to travel on that road!!!
i hope you follow me and help me in my journey!!!
#inclusion #cmtmama #endcmt #cmtstrong. if you would like to donate, please go to http://www.cmtusa.org/donate/cmtmamaruthkorowitz/.
i would also love any feedback on topics you would like for me to discuss on my blog!!!!!